After a(nother) week of overindulgence, it’s back to cleaner eating: less sugar, less meat, less starch and more fruit, more veggies and more water. This red lentil and vegetable soup fits in great with the healthier eating plan, and I’m stoked to let you know it’s absolutely delicious (which is not always the case with diet-type food). Here’s to a week of detox!
2 teaspoons garlic
1 onion, chopped
2 teaspoons paprika
1 bunch of celery, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
100g butternut, cubed
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 cup red lentils
1 liter vegetable stock
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Brown the garlic and onion in a splash of oil. Once the onions turn translucent, add the paprika.
- Add the celery and carrots and saute for about 10 minutes.
- Add the butternut, tomatoes, lentils and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for about an hour.
- Add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Serve hot with freshly ground black pepper.