I know, more soup. I can’t help it. It’s been a soupy winter. Also, this might not be the last soup recipe you’ll see on here for the season. I got a few more surprises up my sleeve. But back to this deliciously creamy chicken and broccoli soup … you just have to make it. Tonight. And for lunch tomorrow. And for brunch on Saturday. It’s that good!
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic
4 chicken breasts, deboned and cubed
500 g broccoli florets
100 ml butter
3 tablespoons flour
250 ml cream
250 ml milk
1,5 liter chicken stock
- Saute the onion and garlic in a splash of oil. Once the onion turns translucent, add the chicken.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the broccoli and put on the lid, steaming the broccoli for around 5 minutes.
- In a separate pot, form a paste with the butter and flour, adding the milk and cream while stirring continuously. When the sauce starts to boil, remove from the heat and add to the broccoli and chicken.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for about an hour.
- Serve hot with lots of black pepper and a glass of sherry.