Tutti frutti, oh rutti, Tutti frutti, oh rutti, whooooooooo, Tutti frutti, oh rutti, Wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom! 😀 A taste of this mango ice cream pancake with fresh granadilla pulp and a glass of crisp Wellington Wines Chenin Blanc will make you want to sing and dance and celebrate summer!
The W Chenin Blanc has a delicious fruity taste because of the warm region that the grapes are grown. The tropical fruit and specifically guava nuances of the wine is enhanced by the mango ice cream and the fresh granadilla pulp.
Add to your summer experience and visit Wellington Wines for an ice cream pancake and wine pairing during December 2016. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Wellington Wines #WhereWinesAreBorn
For the pancakes
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons W Sauvignon Blanc
½ cup oil (I used canola oil)
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
Cold water as needed
- Mix all the ingredients well. Add water to get the same consistency as a runny cream.
- Let it cool for 2 to 3 hours.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cover the base with a thin layer of batter. Once the edges start turning up, flip the pancake over.
- Keep the pancakes warm on a plate on a pot of steaming water.
For the mango ice cream
250 ml full cream milk
500 ml cream
150 g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Pulp of 3 mangoes
4 egg yolks
Pinch of salt
- Warm milk, sugar, half the cream, vanilla essence and salt in a saucepan.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes to room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- Slowly pour the milk mixture into the eggs while whisking continuously.
- Pour back into the saucepan and heat. Stir with a spatula and scrape the bottom of the pan to form a custard. When the spatula is covered when removing it from the mix, the sauce is ready.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and add the rest of the cream.
- Chill for 12 hours.
- Churn your ice cream according to your machine’s specifications. Add the mango mid-freezing.
- One pancake + one scoop of mango ice cream + granadilla pulp
- Enjoy with a cold bottle of W Chenin Blanc.